Monday, July 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

Not much on the Burgh sports front tonight. Just a few side bar quick hitters...
  • Bucs promote Steve Pearce to AAA Indy. This guy has crazyshithot power numbers so far, but of course so did our last future slugger, Brad Eldred.should be just a matter of time until we ruin this guy too.

  • Hines Ward pissed off about Anthony Smith making like Jack Tatum and pulverizing WRs during camp. You can only wonder how long until Ward retaliates with one of his signature bone crunching blocks on the overzealous DB.
  • Brian Jackson, aka, the Steeler impersonator, gets sentenced. This guy really gives new meaning to the often overused word "tool". I wonder if the dude in left field is going to get nabbed for impersonating Jason Bay.
  • Judges sentenced Jackson to 90 days probation and a weekend with these gals.


  • Bucs replace unpopular mascot Captain Jolly Roger.

Jolly Roger headed for Tampa Bay???


Apparently the front office conceptualized a new direction with Mandy the Marauder...


Mandy and a few Lagers would help invigorate those woeful late summers at PNC


Unfortunately, lower budgets prevailed, and the Bucs went into another direction altogether...


meet Wally, the Bi-curious Buccaneer


Thanks again, Pirates, for making me a better football fan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Ben get charged with impersonating a QB last year? How about when he impersonated a crash test dummy?

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing - Ward leveling Smith or Carter with one of his crackbacks. This camp has some ER trips in it's future.

Anonymous said...

Those big girls remind me of a baltimore tailgate party I was at last year...

Anonymous said...

I tried impersonating Bucco Briwatt at a bar last night and the girl threw a drink in my face. I guess she really bought it.

Anonymous said...

I witnessed 2 of the dismal three game set between the Buccos and Phils. It was shameful. In years prior, I would see some black and gold in the sea of red. Initially i was impressed at the showing, until I realized that all of the black & gold I saw was the uniforms of the Aramark vendors. Talk about a dagger.