Monday, December 10, 2012

You Stay Classy, San Diego, And Thanks For Stopping By And Ruining My 200th Post

All week I itched for this post.  My plan was simple, I would cobble together a cursory recap of the Steelers' thrashing of the Bolts, I'd award a game ball or two, I'd praise the return of Big Ben, and then I would end by posting another humorous YouTube classic of Anchorman Ron Burgundy telling the placid west coast city to simply go fuck itself.  How better to celebrate my 200TH POSTING?!

Oh, wait, I forgot that playing the part of the newsroom this year were those 2012 Steelers.  You know, the guys who can fly to New York City, get off the bus, and go kick the Giants' asses, then come home just to gut out a sloppy, OT victory over the hapless Chiefs. The same Steelers who made the Titans look like the Titans when Steve McNair still roamed the earth.  The same Steelers who evoked the memory of every legendary Raider save Fred Biletnikoff in a vicious cockfight death in Oakland.  The same Steelers who outBrowned the Browns by gift wrapping them the ball eight times in a despicable loss.

Yeah, those Steelers.  The same team that we've clamored over all year.  "With Ben in, we can run the table, and beat anyone."  Yep, I guess,...as long as the 'anyone' has a winning record.  The scary part here is that we are hitching our wagons to a team that has turned in two of the worst losses during the Tomlin era in a span of three weeks.  It's simply puzzling to me how a team with this type of talent can struggle so mightily at basic execution against clear underdogs. 

Yesterday's loss left Steeler Nation puzzling not only over the team's clear lack of focus, but of it's coach's leadership, and even his math skills. I could write an entire post dedicated to questioning why Tomlin opted against two pointers TWICE during the Steelers' offensive rebirth against a prevent defense, both times seeming more than logical for the deuce.  That would be splitting hairs, and there are far more important issues this morning than Tomlin's strategy processes.

If the Steelers gained one thing during yesterday's stinker, it's clarity.  The path is clear, they must go 3-0 or at least 2-1 with one victory on December 23rd against the Bengals.  The seeding is most likely 6th, but we all know that story.

Oh, well.  I promised Ron Burgundy, so you'll get nothing but the best.  Stay classy PittsburghFan readers...

3 comments:

mp said...

Mentally weak team. All the AFC losses to inferior opponents is ridiculous. Total mental issue. With the talent they have this is inexcusable.

So glad the Philly market didnt have to stomach that shit.

Briwatt said...

Great point, MP. As I noticed my phone not blowing up in Heinz Field, I figured that Philly wasn't tuned in. No one is a bigger Eagles fan than me this week. E-A-G, aw fuck it...

a-dawg said...

If it is mental....then it is on the coaching staff. It is their job to make sure the team is ready....and they obviously aren't.