Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seventeen Can Wait

For all of you nay-sayers who have already penciled our 2009 Buccos into 6th place with a modest projection of 68 wins,...not so fast. The Cosco brand, economy priced squad just started through the opening four game series with the St Louis Red Birds, taking two outa three, while demonstrating some fine batsmenship.

All kidding aside, this version of the Bucs looks eerily similar to most of the past sixteen versions, and my overly optimistic gut tells me to expect low to mid 70's in the win totals. Here are some other projections/opinions:
  • Fred Sanchez is finally healthy and should return to his rightful home north of .300.
  • The starting rotation will range from average to above average most of the year.
  • OF Brandon Moss could be the wild card to this year's success.
  • Andy LaRoche will actually be remembered as being worse than his big bro.
  • Expect to see Neil Walker and Drew McCutheon in the lineup by late May/early June.

2 comments:

mp said...

I will up my pick to 70 wins.

a-dawg said...

let's talk Penguins - screw the Pirates - they'll be 10 games under before you know it!

I like the the Pens vs the Flyers. Only becasue I am a homer. I think it is going 7...and it would be sweet to win that on home ice. Especially after the Flyers blew home ice vs the Rangers.

And back to bashing the Succos....I'll pay more attention to the Steelers schedule being released on Tuesday than I will to the Pirates between now and June 1st. Thank God there are only ~104 days til camp opens and we can offically burry the 2009 baseball season.