Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Game Ball to Coach Tomlin

"...I wanted to let my team know that I didn't want them to play scared..."

-Head Coach Mike Tomlin following the route over the San Diego Chargers

During the morning PF idea brainstorming, A Dawg correctly pointed out that the current head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers conducted some playoff business a bit differently than he did last year, and much differently than his predecessor has in playoff games past. The notion here is that on Sunday, Coach Tomlin showed the confidence in his team to play like men for a full 60 minutes. The payback to Coach (and to all of Steeler Nation) for this confidence was a complete display of domination in all phases of the game.

Don't be fooled by the final score of 35-24. The San Diego Lightening Bolts were as far from victory on this night then I am from fitting in those 32" jeans balled up on my closet floor. Taking away a big pass play that happened before I blew the suds off of my first beer, and a meaningless 62 run after catch by Darren Sproles in the waning moments, everything sandwiched in between was complete Pittsburgh ass kicking.

Enough about the old...let's move forward and listen to what Coach Tomlin has to say about this week's matchup with the hated Baltimore Ravens.


No comments: