Monday, March 8, 2010

Off On The Right Foote

As predicted by PF's very own correspondent, JD McNugent, the Steelers' are intimating interest in re-signing standout inside linebacker Larry Foote. Footie, always a favorite of mine, is a run gobbler who would add considerable strength to a linebacking corps that had it's ups and downs last season. This news brings intrigue to us armchair GMs. Should this move pan out, where and how would Foote be deployed? Depth is the key issue with the Steelers' linebackers, but I would suppose that Foote is still looking to start. Should that be the case, I would imagine he would sign elsewhere, although regaining a starting job here would not necessarily be out of the question. The issue of James Farrior's age and declined performance in 2009 is a concern. I still believe that the potential of moving Lawrence Timmons over to Farrior's buck spot still exists, thereby, in theory creating a need at the mack, Footie's former position. Additionally, there is concern at the depth of the outside positions, holes that could also be plugged by Timmons.
Again, no breath being held, but it would be nice to move my #50 jersey back into Sunday circulation.
even my cat loved me in my #50

No comments: