Thursday, May 7, 2009

Letang Rang

In my humble opinion, most every word that ends in "tang" is a good word. There's "mustang", the name of a cool horse and probably the most legendary sports car in American history, there's "Wutang", synonymous with the great 90's counter culture urban act Wutang Clan, and of course, there's "poontang", a word that strikes serious relevance with most, if not all, of my readers. Well, now we can add "Letang", as in, Kris Letang, Penguins' blue liner and reigning sportsman of the hour in the 'Burgh.

Letang's long distance game winner in OT last night, not only rescued the Flightless Birds from a potential sweep, but restored the waning confidence in both team and city. Overtime game winners of that length are generally reserved for the foot of Jeff Reed, but Letang dialed in a missile that will long be remembered. Hopefully, this is the pivotal play that the Pens need to rally in this series.

Let's also point out last night's re-emergence of Geno Malkin, who turned in an epic performance in the critical contest. Expect the Black and Gold machine to be humming on all cylinders come Friday night.



king for the next 48 hours



3 comments:

a-dawg said...

I like what I saw from the team last night. Actually, I feel like Letang had a terrible game last night. He was slow getting his shot off on many many many PP chances. But then again - it just takes one to go from goat to hero.

Malkin was beyond impressive and Crosby continues to amaze as he elevates his game each night.

What was totally amazing was the way the Pens dictated play throughout the night. If they can continue this through Game 4, it'll be a series again.

Back to reality - the Succos are headed in the wrong direction and getting ready to slip into those comfortable slippers, also known as last place.

I also like to tip my hat to the Mustang reference - a man needs his hot rod. And nothing puts a smile on my face quite like doing a big smokey burnout in front of my parents house (and yes, I'm 40).

Hey MP - happy 40th....welcome to the club!!

a-dawg said...

BTW - let's talk Succo's real quick.

I just want it to be known that they can't even keep the city's attention past May 10th.

Some say it is the players...others say it is the organ-I-zation (poor hockey reference).

I side on management. There is no depth. Two guys (Wilson and No-mit...I mean Doumit) get hurt and the wheels fall off the cart.

Sad...just plain sad.

EDITOR said...

Actually, I'd like to thank my great friend John, from DDoY.com. The Bucs are now 1-12 since he posted his comments about their promising start. JINX!!

I will respectfully disagree with A Dawg regarding the depth comments. Depth in baseball is much different than the other major sports. Losing Wilson, Doumit, and McLouth (temporarily) does take a toll on a team that is middle of the road in run production. At this point, the front office needs to strongly consider getting Andrew McCutheon and Neal Walker up to the bigs and into the starting lineup.