Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And the Train Kept A-Rollin'

It ain't a bird, it ain't a plane, it ain't Super Mario,...it's Chris Kunitz, the newest hero in a city of heroes. On another night when Kunitz's Penguins needed two points, he came up big again, helping the team extend it's current hot streak. With last night's pasting of the Tampa Lightening Bugs, the Arctic Birds ran their winning streak to four games, and six out of the last seven.
Kunitz scored a pair of rebound goals last night, and Marc-Andre Fleury continued to demonstrate his newly re-gained poise as the Pens tallied points #71 and 72 with 17 games remaining. My grade school arithmetic tells me that the over/under for moving on into the second season should be around 92 to 93 points. Given how the team is playing now, I still believe that 6th or even higher is clearly a potential.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add Billy Guerin to the mix and we get some of that grit we lost with Malone, Roberts, Ruutu and LaRock (yes I know that is spelled wrong, but that is how I would spell it if it was my name).

He is a lot older than Hossa, but it is a nice deadline move to stregthen the Crosby line. Doesnt look like we gave up much.

I got to watch the game last night and Kunitz played very well. The while D unit played well except for a misplayed 2 - 1 that resulted in the lone goal.

GO GUINS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

...and probably the biggest game of this so far succesful road trip is tommorrow night.


maybe I should spring for the NHL package.

Anonymous said...

Big Big win tonight for the Pens.

If we roll into the playoffs this may be the point where we look back and say "turning point". Sid back, win against another team fighting for the playoffs...time to buckle your chinstrap, and start letting that beard grow in....

Anonymous said...

Huge win!!!

Playoff atmosphere and the Pens prevailed.

Word on the street is I may get to see the rematch on Tuesday. I got my fingers crossed that the seats will come through.

I love that we rolled 4 lines. They're like a locomotive right now and I wouldn't want to get in their way.

MAF played great - which is just what you want to see at this time of year. Even have an outside shot a 4th seed and home ice in the 1st round.

Anonymous said...

Seats came through for Tuesday's rematch with FLA. I'm pumped!!!

Just gotta crush AO into powder on Sunday and all will be good!

Anonymous said...

Didn't Gimp once threaten to crush someone's bones into powder?

Anonymous said...

Gimp also proclaimed himself Satan